Monday, April 12, 2010

A little photography

While in Paris, we had the pleasure of being hosted by an old friend of Susan, named Richard.  We were grateful for a place to stay, and a place to be around some real people, rather than the hotels we'd gotten used to.  And home cooked meals and tour of the Paris food market, too! 

Anyway, I got it into my head that it would be fun to do some portraits, and Richard was a willing participant, especially when I told him he could play guitar while we photographed.  Fortunately, Richard's Paris apartment had nice big windows that let in soft light -- perfect for portraits.  It was a nice break from the street shooting and tourist subjects I'd been shooting.

The hardest part, of course, was editing.  A bunch are on the Flickr stream.  And my six favorites are in the Tabblo , part of which is shown above. Click the picture.

I haven't done a whole lot of portrait work, and this was fun. So thanks Richard for being a willing subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment